Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Doing it in the Park...

While out on a hair product hunt in the BX yesterday, my girl Wandee and I stumbled upon a Park Jam up on 105 street and Lexington...


I rained here in NY yesterday so most of the dancers couldn't really go in hard like they wanted too but a those that did dance, went hard!


They were seriously getting it out there...I heard there was a much larger group before the down pour of rain and that dudes were spinning in the middle of this huge puddle of water...
Mad I missed that!






Brother man right here damn near took out a few teeth...


This dudes shirt said, "I May Not Be Made of Stone, but I Damn Sure Can Rock!"




And this well behaved lil' cutie was in the crowd rocking his pink studded collar...

I'm was seriously feeling this dudes t-shirt. On the back it said, "The Struggle Continues".



And then as an added bonus on my walk to the train I got an eye full of great art work...




This flick gave me a serious flash back to African dance class back in the day...

Funga alafia, Ah-shay Ah-shay. Funga alafia, Ah-shay Ah-shay.
Funga alafia, Ah-shay Ah-shay. Funga alafia, Ah-shay Ah-shay.

That's the song we sang as we came out on stage...It means welcome and blessings...



Ahhh, the melding of so many cultures...LOVES IT!


These are just a few reasons why



Here are few video of the performers...Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment