Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dance Your A$$ Off for Real...

One of my very good friends & ex-personal trainer, Wandee "Pop" Candelario

(who I seriously need to revisit) is teaching dance classes

with some her equally talented friends over at the
320 Studios (320 West 37th Street, btwn 8th & 9th, NY, NY 10018) this week.


In addition to those classes Wandee & Deena teach every week at

The Alvin Ailey Extension

located at @
The American Dance Theater
The Joan Weill Center for Dance
405 West 55th Street
(at 9th Avenue)
New York, NY 10019
212-405-9000 ph

Classes are held weekly on:

Thursday, 8pm - 9:30pm (Open/ All levels)
Saturday, 4pm - 6pm (Open/ All levels)

$16 per class
16yrs and over



Snap, Pop & Lock at The Ailey Extension



Picture Courtesy of Arthur Coopchick


For more info and to sign up for classes in advance
pop over to Alvin Ailey's website:
http://www.alvinailey.org/page.php?p=fac_d&v=218&sec=aileyextension






In addition to all of this, these seriously busy ladies created
TruEssencia Dance and Wellness, LLC, in conjunction with four other b-girls.
TruEssenia creates educational workshops through Hip Hop for Health.






I know from experience what one of Wandee's workout programs can do for a body & fast. I hired her to get me in shape before my birthday a few years back. I waited until the last minute(roughly 3 months before the date) and she showed up at my house two days a week, rain or shine and whipped me into shape in no time. Sometimes with breakfast in tow and always had a cute little quote to throw at me when ever I wavered. I still do some of the things I've learned from her and feel the burn every time.




You can find information about TruEssencia, more about Wandee and Deena's
person training sessions and dance classes, as well as testimonials about their work over at:

http://www.snappopnlock.com/testimonials.htm





In addition to all this, at the beginning of next month these
beautiful, talented and no doubt, exhausted ladies are teaching a
Guest Workshop @ on

Saturday, August 1st @ 1:30pm to 3pm

322 West 45th Street, 3rd Floor • New York, NY • info@bwydance.com



Grab your sweats, your girls and on over to one of there classes.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment